Our July theme of curiosity got me thinking.
One of the things that sparks my curiosity the most is learning more about other people and what makes them tick. In that same spirit, I thought it would be a fun activity to share a bit more about myself with all of you.
Here are some of the things you (probably) don’t know about me, shared in no particular order.
14 Things You Don’t Know About Me
- I don’t believe in soul mates. I think there are a lot of people in life that can work out for you.
- I feel younger than I am. I am thirty-eight and still feel thirty. I have a hunch this feeling doesn’t go away.
- I am not type A. In reality, I have to work extra hard to be organized.
- I used to think I would feel happy and complete if I grew Wit & Delight to become my full-time job and built the W&D following. I know now that the effects of growth are far more nuanced than this.
- My biggest fear when I was a kid was throwing up. I’ve been working on not having that fear anymore (through exposure) and it’s gotten so much better over time. But if my kids are sick, I still sometimes run out of the room.
- My dream job would be a backup dancer for Beyoncé.
- I was given the title of “Biggest Flirt” in college by my sorority sisters.
- When I did Irish dancing as a kid, I performed for President Clinton.
- Sometimes I trust people too much.
- I hate bananas.
- When I was twenty-seven, I considered quitting W&D and looked into going to medical school. I had a great experience with a gynecologist around this time and wanted to help other women.
- My favorite food is actually very boring. Give me good bread and soft cheese and I’ll always be content.
- I get Botox regularly (and I love it).
- I’m a lucid dreamer and dream in incredibly cinematic detail. I can restart a dream after waking up and falling back asleep, and I can sometimes self-narrate or change things in dreams. I’ve kept dream diaries to keep track of the ideas I have while asleep. I’ve also had recurring tornado dreams most of my life.