Welcome to the last Friday of August, folks. Today, in our usual fashion, we’re taking a look back at some of the things that captured our team’s attention on the internet this month.
Below you’ll find two (2!) tours of gorgeous English homes, a handful of products we tried and loved, a whole bunch of quick lunch ideas to get you through busy days, and more. We’re also sharing the most-read articles and the best-selling products on Wit & Delight throughout the month of August. We hope you find something (or many things) to enjoy in the links we’ve put together.
Have a delightful weekend!
11 Things We Loved on the Internet in August
1. Our entire team is still swooning over this tour of Sienna Miller’s English cottage. It really is a delight in every way.
2. Samantha Irby, author extraordinaire, shared a list of her own most memorable reads and exactly why she loves each one.
3. Sixty easy lunch ideas that come together in a flash, so you can eat deliciously even on the busiest of days.
4. I didn’t think it was possible but I found it. An eye cream with sunscreen that doesn’t make its way into my eyes and sting them throughout the day. This one is the real deal.
5. Tour the stylish New York City one-bedroom apartment of Wit & Delight’s former graphic designer. This home tour is a crash course in bringing big design ideas to a small space in a way that’s really beautifully done.
6. Kate recommended this pair of waterproof Birkenstock sandals a few months ago and I decided to give them a try. I was hesitant whether I’d like them until the second they arrived. Folks, I’ve barely taken them off since. I might even order a second pair dedicated for wear around my apartment. They’re so comfortable and fit true to size in my experience.
7. This fairytale English cottage is a design lover’s dream. The best part? You can even rent it!
8. Our new business director, Erin, bought this pore minimizing primer and now swears by it, saying, “This product is amazing. It somehow absorbs into your skin and erases pores.”
9. An intriguing read on what the rise of TikTok might mean for the future of large social media platforms.
10. I plan to host a few times in September and wanted to buy a couple of serving utensils beforehand (I previously owned zero such utensils). I found these white resin salad servers at CB2 and LOVE them. The style is so unique yet understated.
11. Twelve kitchens that prove how timeless midcentury modern design really is. You might notice one familiar space on the list!
W&D Top 5: Most-Read Articles in August
W&D Top 5: Best-Selling Products in August
3. NIGHT Vegan Satin Pillowcase $30 – $40
4. Nordstrom Checkerboard Cotton Percale Sheet Set $79 – $89
Editor’s Note: This article contains affiliate links. Wit & Delight uses affiliate links as a source of revenue to fund operations of the business and to be less dependent on branded content. Wit & Delight stands behind all product recommendations. Still have questions about these links or our process? Feel free to email us.